FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide
Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:57 pm
CTwill

Programs: BaGold
Will I get my TPs? (overbooked flight and took offer of direct flight at check in)

looking for some guidance from the gurus here. Was due to fly this morning Haneda- LHR-JFK as the return portion of a two week biz trip (all in Club world). At check in they shared they were overbooked in J and looking for volunteers to either downgrade to WTP/WT or fly a different carrier (with some GBP comp). I said I would if they could a) guarantee my tierpoints for the journey (biggest priority as that is 300!) and fly me direct to NY. The station manager said points would be fine and promptly booked me into the ANA direct flight to JFK as JL flight was overbooked as well!

not looking for a benefit analysis of ANA vs BA (I’ve never flown them, but I know it’s flat bed and it’s direct...and I can tel you I miss the JL first lounge vs the ANA business lounge) more looking for a steer on whether you think I’ll be able to get my 300 TPs or not. They were pretty desperate for volunteers - the direct JL flight to London was also overbooked and they were moving people to ANA when they could. If it helps at all it was a 075 ticket (Iberia bought by my TA don’t ask me why as I flew all BA metal)

Appreciate any steer/perspective