FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Business Class Fare Bucket
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:45 pm
rasheed

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Of course, in the related thread, you can reference the cash Business upgrades offered at check-in. This is really the same benefits of that fare.

-No CD to/from airport
-No advanced seat assignment (you are already within the check-in window to take your seat assignment from remaining options just like this fare)
-No extra miles accrual
-No lounge access

I see this fare being targeted the same, each flight and date can be tracked for how many cash upgrades have sold/can be sold. Therefore, EK can just offer those fares earlier in the process and perhaps better fill the plane (with even less op-ups). Ironically, I would be happy with an option where I can skip the alcohol which I feel is what EK is charging for to inflate the price of these tickets. Sure, I know that is hard to enforce.

I think the outstation lounge prohibition is the worst of it especially because I do feel onboard ULH business meals are not very premium anymore. I liberally use the hot light bites items available. So, I think we are getting down to paying for a nice seat and those who want free flowing alcohol.