FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fare Bucket for Military/Government ticket
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:28 pm
Alpha Golf

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by UAFLYER22
If the outbound leg is cheaper on UA, but the return leg is cheaper an AA, will they book UA roundtrip? UA out and AA back?
Originally Posted by drewguy
So here's a question - say that on a given flight UA has sold out all S and below fare classes (assuming _CA is SCA) to general consumers, but hasn't sold all the S allotment for government. Is the _CA fare available for gov't?
Originally Posted by therossinator

Despite what the site says, the actual difference between a YCA and an -CA on this route is only $100 ($1300 vs $1400) and I only changed my departure date one day, well within my rights when PCSing especially when I was originally booked to depart at 0700 the same morning I was supposed to check out of my command.
In the case of officers, it is completely up to the service member when they choose to detach their command. The orders only state which month and year to detach the old command and attach to their new command.
Well, FTRs dictate that "Note 3 to §301-10.107: If the Government contract citypair carrier offers a lower cost capacity-controlled coach class contract fare (MCA, QCA, VCA, etc.) in addition to the unrestricted coach class contract fares (YCA), the traveler should use the lower cost capacity-controlled fare when it is available and meet mission needs."

You made pretty clear that the lower fare day met mission needs. YMMV but my travel or ethics people would eat my lunch if I told them I was doing this.