FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:34 am
milesforhire

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by invisible
Did they give you bonus points?
They did not, nor did I receive travel credit for that purchase. Luckily most of the rest of my foreign travel purchases did count, so I'm not worried.

It was just annoying manually tracking down which purchases did/didn't count for 3x and why. Would be much better if they showed earning per transaction.

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
USB AR has a narrower definition of 'travel' than others, which I've found out using lots of small comparisons.

I thought somewhere they had a list of MCC or actual categories....but it doesn't matter if the vendor doesn't code stuff up the way we expect.

If it's a big expense, and I would really care about losing the pts, I sometimes book through a travel agency with Prestige to get 5x. or use Premier directly with 3x on a big spectrum of travel MCC's.

For things like real estate agencies which usually don't count as travel (I thought there was one card maybe BOA or Pathfinder? that did) try to use a card you're doing MSR on.....
Once I hit MSR, I plan to use this card exclusively for mobile wallet purchases and not worry about the travel coding. Though I do want to use it for RTR, so I guess I will have to worry which US merchants I'm using it at to redeem points.

Last edited by milesforhire; Jun 13, 2019 at 9:37 am Reason: Avoiding double post