FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Alcobas, St Helena (Napa Valley), CA [Left Marriott]
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:01 am
boolean64

Originally Posted by bosca418
Is it really worth using a SNA for just the vineyard view? I'm contemplating since the option to use them just became available on the website.

Thanks!!
I think i am very much in the minority here for daring to suggest using a suite award for anything that is not a suite, but i see material value in the vineyard view room. And it's not just the view, but the fact that the deck backs up right onto a vineyard. So sitting out on the deck before dinner with a bottle of bubbles with rows of vines literally in your backyard is pretty awesome. If it was just a window, i'd think differently. I wouldn't use an SNA to look out the window at, say, the Eiffel Tower. But I find something very cool about the vineyard view room where the upgraded experience, not just the "view" is worth an SNA to me.

That being said, it depends on what your needs are and what your alternative uses for an SNA are. If you are eyeing a special suite somewhere else, then obviously this is not worth an SNA. If you need the space for kids, or you just value space above all else, then obviously this is not worth it. Or if you have an upcoming trip where the regular rooms are super small, then this is not worth it. But if it's just two of you and you're saving SNAs for a suite that is just a connecting room with a couch and a desk and you're going to be out and about so no real need for the space, you might get more value out of using an SNA here.