FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review: BA Galleries First Lounge, LHR T5
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:32 am
jwhite9185

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by icegirl
Thanks for sharing also pics look great.

What was the wine selection like?
Not a wine drinker, so even if I had paid attention to them, I couldn't tell you anything about them other than there was read and white!

Originally Posted by noFODplease
This is a pretty bland description if I'm brutally honest - if you are reviewing, or planning to attract traffic to your blog.. add some personality! I want your analysis and your own take on what is good or bad in this lounge which has been reviewed hundreds of times.

Don't just describe what you see as you walk-through - what's your favourite area and why?
Which area should be avoided if you want X, Y or Z?
Any of the art catch your eye? Do you think it justifies the term 'Galleries'?
Any tips for the first time visitor? Did you have a humorous interaction with any staff.. etc etc etc.

This review could have been written from a floorplan and a few photos. Mix it up a bit
Thanks for the feedback - I'll keep that in mind for the future!

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I should point out that there is no UK Border Force presence normally in the First Wing, there is the Heathrow Airport Limited security team there however. The passport side for departing international passengers has long been handled electronically.
I did think that border force were normally on entry to the UK rather than exit, but wasn't totally sure. I know they're not BA staff, but figured as they all handle security/arriving/departing passengers they probably all worked for the same agency. Shows how much attention I pay to the uniforms!