FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton hotel in (One) Bangkok (scheduled to open in 2025)
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:26 am
UASPG

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by UASPG
I had met a couple of managers from this The Edition hotel sent in task force at other Marriott hotels, before the hotel opening. It was certainly a surprise for them when the project was cancelled.

I don't know Frasers Property, but one thing is sure: TCC will not go bankrupt and the buildings in One Bangkok will not need to be sold.
I should have known better: Khun Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi does not really need a partner even for a big project like Bangkok One. Frasers Property Holdings Thailand is owned by the Sirivadhanabhakdi family.

I read a couple of times the recent article of the Bangkok Post (link below) and cannot fully comprehend how those companies are interconnected. I am also pretty sure that the Marriott The Surawongse (included on the list of the 12 properties) has a sign at the entrance already indicating "Asset World Corporation".

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business...uire-12-hotels

Last edited by UASPG; Jan 9, 2022 at 8:11 pm