FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Business Class Fare Bucket
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:41 pm
Gig103

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by geminidreams
Not really. At many airports I can get into a Diners club lounge. Others have Priority pass. Better to save some money and forego the lounge in that case.
That works until a contract lounges reach capacity and starts denying access (thread 1, thread 2), or charging reservation fees (external link). If many of the business class travelers are now joining the economy and PE passengers in already-crowded lounges, it could reach a tipping point.

I also feel like business class cabins aren't shopped by the same nickle-and-dime customer as economy. I'm not saying I don't sort fares low-to-high, but I will consider the overall experience and elite programs before selecting my flight even if it costs a more (such as choosing DL/AF over BA for my July flight so I don't need to pay seat fees, and even choosing my route based on avoiding DL's 767). And the actual business travelers probably have budget guidance that aren't picky to the $100s digit on a multi thousand dollar fare. My point is, yes this will save some people money, but I still would prefer them to just raise the price $50 per direction and be done with it.