FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA problems are becoming tougher to fix when there is a lack of buy in
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:04 am
AA100k

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
I hate to disagree with the prevailing wisdom above, but frankly if you were to replace Parker with the greatest leader in the history of the world, living or dead, I’m convinced that high morale at AA will never return unless and until the current core employees retire and new ones are hired. I constantly fly the international routes which are loaded with crews with decades of seniority and they are a cantankerous crowd compared to the generally younger crews on my domestic positioning flights. The veteran crews remember a time when they had better pay, better working conditions and better benefits and they will never respect management, no matter who is at the helm, and unfortunately for us, that translates to bad customer service. They don’t like their jobs and dynamic, enlightened leadership isn’t likely to improve the situation. And don’t infer that I believe Parker is doing a great job - he’s clueless.