FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Solution to the two-wheel vs. four-wheel condundrum
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:38 am
Allentown

Programs: Hilton Diamond. American Airlines Platinum, Mariott: Gold. Delta: Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface
I’d like to hear about the G ro. The only thing that gives me pause is the weight. 9.3lbs or 4.2kg. That thing is a beast. I could never use it on airlines with a weight limit. It is really that heavy?

Agreed. I noted that also. I never get my carry on's weighed in my most common travel routes via AA through Charlotte or Delta through Atlanta but even so...no one necessarily wants to purposefully lift more than 40lbs to 50lbs into the overhead bin on a regular basis. This limits your packing contents to 30lbs to 40lbs reasonably. Might be okay for summer or shorter trips. Might be okay for 2 bag travel. Will almost certainly present an obstacle for one bag travel if you are cramming EVERYTHING into a single bag (especially in winter).

Then again, they say it rolls like a dream so if the rolling mass is more your concern, it might be worth the trade off. Ill know eventually.