FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Solution to the two-wheel vs. four-wheel condundrum
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:08 am
Allentown

Programs: Hilton Diamond. American Airlines Platinum, Mariott: Gold. Delta: Gold
Originally Posted by peterk814
Come back and speak when you actually travel more than 75k miles a year.
75 k miles a year is a joke. I often cover that much ground within Q1 or less.

A contest???

Come back and talk to me when you travel 50 weeks out of 52 most years. Monday through Friday, only home Saturday and leave again Sunday.....AND have to do a 2 air port trip to commuter locations including managing the CRJ 200 or the old Dash 8s (before they went out of service) on EVERY SINGLE TRIP.... Imagine you are forced to buy your tickets through concur and always take the cheapest seats possible which at times means BE with middle row seats assigned at the last minute. Now do that every consecutive year from 1998 to present and you'll be caught up.

Now be that as it may, i do use rolling bags at times (see below) for things like larger trips or if my back has been especially bothering me (I do have some mild degenerative osteoarthritis of the back although i find if you wear the back pack properly ((most people don't know how to wear one)) it is almost at times less painful and troublesome to use the back pack even with a bad back). Some of my bags feel like they have lumbar support and are down right comforting to wear. The trick is selecting the right back pack and then knowing how to wear it correct.

I use a Tumi intrnational sized 2 wheeled and i have a target bought swiss gear 4 wheel spinner. I have the Travel pro 2 wheeled garment carry on size which i absolutely love for managing suits and shirts as well. I also have a 4 wheeled samsonite garment bag but that thing is A) Huge and B)the Wire frame is exposed from countless check in damage from baggage handlers so i am thinking about retiring it.

Last edited by Allentown; Jun 12, 2019 at 10:35 am