FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Always cheaper Business Class Fares through 3rd Parties?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:53 am
Quark999

Programs: Yes
I booked through Travelup about a year ago for a Gulf Air flight that was around £1000 cheaper for two than the airline's own website. I knew of the risks involved, but since it was for holiday I couldn't justify spending the extra money either.

It turned out Gulf Air cancelled the flight we were booked on a few months out. I proactively called Gulf Air and they rebooked us on the flight the next morning. A few days later Travelup called and said that there had been a cancellation, and when I told them that we had already rearranged with Gulf Air it took them a day or so but they then reissued the ticket. There was a bit of back and forth with an Indian call center, but ultimately it all worked out. Travelup contacted us without knowing we had already rearranged through Gulf Air, so I suppose that was a good sign.

So if it's unlikely that your plans might change, and there's plenty of time between booking and flying I don't think Travelup is particularly bad.