FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kiwi fruit [allergy, advising BA]
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:53 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I presume you carry an epi-pen?

What I would do is get a note added to your PNR by calling BA, and then mention it again to the Customer Service Manager or Director on boarding. And let the crew know where your epi-pen is.

Kiwi fruit does appear in breakfast items, there is a fruit component and a few slices of kiwi fruit can end up there. They arrive on the aircraft in containers with lids to them. I don't think anyone can guarantee that cross-contamination is never going to happen. On the other hand kiwi fruit is relatively expensive commercially, compared to other fruits, so things like kiwi coulis don't reguarly feature on BA's menus. By all means ask to see Chef's Chat to see the allergens there (I don't think kiwi is going to be specifically listed, however), available in the galley on boarding, and hopefully that will provide reassurance.