FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Terrible Experience at LAX, Unable to Apply Upgrades, Told to Take Another Flight
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:25 pm
donotblink

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
Certainly you shouldn't have to tell the agent how to do their job. If you were at the counter well within the cutoff time but the agent couldn't fix your problem, had to call over a supervisor, and then turned around and said you had missed the baggage cutoff and your companion arrived too late, then that sounds like good grounds for a complaint to me. I didn't get that from your original post, and if that's my mistake then I apologize.
Perhaps some of the confusion comes around why I said that the supervisor said that my companion arrived too late...although we were both at the counter before the cutoff time, I was already checked in, but my companion was not checked in, and because the supervisor didn't see when we arrived at the counter I guess that's why he made that statement which I disputed with him.