FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Terrible Experience at LAX, Unable to Apply Upgrades, Told to Take Another Flight
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:02 pm
donotblink

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
But OP's account makes it seem to me that OP was really much more concerned about the upgrade than making sure that baggage was checked in before the cutoff and that the companion could get on the flight—and I guess I don't have a lot of sympathy for that kind of thinking. It seems strange to me that AA agents and OP couldn't have at least made sure baggage was checked in while supposedly waiting around for a supervisor.
So, I went to the counter and told the agent, I have two bags to check and also my companion couldn't check in on the app or a kiosk. I don't think I should have to--or should tell an agent how to do their job or which order to perform those two tasks. I think any reasonable person would have done those two things. Hindsight is 20/20, but I didn't expect to be at the counter for more than an hour, I expected both actions to happen relatively quickly. Are you suggesting that I should have told the agent how to do their job specifically? Although I'm a knowledgeable traveler, I don't know how to use QiK. I didn't know that there was a hard deadline in QiK either.