FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grounding of 737 Max - Effect on AC incl OMNI 767 lease
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:02 pm
Mikey Mike Mike

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
A first for me - booked onto my usual AC 446 1010 departure from YYZ- to YOW next Monday and noticed it's a Jazz CRJ900 - AC 8034. I guess the CRJ900 is a good comparison seat wise - same number of biz seats I think, and 2/2 seating so if the usual E190 becomes available - it's an easy swap. I've had A319, and A320 subbed onto this flight. The 0910 departure has had an A320 put on it monday (to provide the shortfall from my flight?) - sometimes a A319 subs on that flight, but the availability of all fleets must be tight with daily juggling of a diminished fleet being thrashed to the limit. AC maintenance and scheduling must be exhausted keeping all of the balls in the air (sic), with no immediate end in sight. I know the Qatar flights kick in next week, but they need a lucky break. I don't know whether any new AC aircraft were due in by chance and the A220s only arrive in December......