FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight attendant fills overhead bin with personal items, rude to passenger
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:57 pm
salut0

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
Well, there you have it.

its tough enough with captive markets and oligopolies, but, in this case, the choice is yours to keep enduring this behavior.
Not saying I’ll definitely continue taking AA over BA on this route. You’ll see above that I mention numerous ways in which BA did much better than AA on the return flight on the JFK-LHR route.

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
The best offense is a good defense. Pack light. Don't take a bulkhead seat if you need multiple items out inflight.
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
This is the state of air travel. It's why I travel light and would never imagine taking a small child on a long haul flight.
Traveling with a child isn’t always optional: would you have taken a five day boat ride between the US and UK at presumably considerably greater expense? Nor can packing numerous bags be avoided: children do require lots of stuff to be entertained and kept clean and nourished for seven hours. That in itself is necessary to be a good fellow-traveler to any neighboring non-parent passengers and keep a child quiet...