FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delhi IGI [DEL] connection/departure experience reports
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:37 am
bmoore2310

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I've read this entire thread and still am not sure if the transfer desk can handle my situation.

Arriving from YVR on AC at 5:40am, then departing on Vistara to PNQ at 10:25am. One of us has an E-Visa and the other a multiple entry 5 year visa. Vistara flight has same record locator number as my Swiss departure from BOM 10 days later. No checked bags.

Vistara website says: Through check-in will be available on selected partner airlines only: ANA, British Airways, Emirates, Ethiopian Airlines, Finnair, Japan Airlines, KLM, Qatar Airways, SilkAir, Singapore Airlines, Srilankan Airlines, Swiss Air, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic. Please note that the same will only be valid if the entire journey is on the same ticket number. So, I am thinking we won't be able use transfer desk, even though we are getting to YVR on a United flight. To be clear, I can see all of my flights on both Vistara and Swiss websites.

Would love to avoid 3 hour E-Visa hell that I endured in Oct 2017. Can any expert here provide clarity?

Many thanks in advance.