FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fare Bucket for Military/Government ticket
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:16 am
qukslvr619

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by therossinator
That is not representative of what the Defense Travel System website would show you when you search their booking system for the same flight.
Can confirm this as well. The UA gov't booking system, while useful, tends to combine or piece together segments especially if its in connecting markets. So using MCIDCA as an example, it may piece it together fares for MCIORD and ORDDCA where UA would be the contract carrier and has -CA fares published whereas DTS may only show MCIDCA and UA's respective -DG on that city pair.

Originally Posted by UAFLYER22
When booking through DTS, is the reservation ticketed immediately? I've heard that they don't actually ticket until about 3 days prior to travel. I would like to be able to go into United.com right after and move to an E+ seat.
As mentioned before, you can select seats but cannot apply upgrade instruments. I usually request early ticketing to ensure I am at least within my upgrade window and typically if its not ticketed until 3 days out I will have missed out on the upgrade sweep.