FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask us about Malaysia travel…
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:56 am
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
I am doing a Plt challenge on aa. Decided to head to SE Asia for a few days. I would love to fly into KL but AAVacation does not serve Malaysia. Using SIN as the base, I would like fly into KL for a day or Penang for a day. Since I don't know much about Malaysia. I would like to know

1. Is it safe for a single woman to travel in Malaysia? knowing some SE Asian countries view single woman as fair game.
2. Which location is the best to get a taste of Malay culture?
3. How easy is the public transport in these locations? Or should I just book a day tour.

I truly to see the beauty of Malaysia but time is short and I have to base out of SIN in stead of KL.

Many thanks.
Let me try to answer again without the links:

1) It depends on where you go. You will be safe in KL and Penang.
2) You won't get much of a taste of Malay culture in either KL or Penang...especially in a day.
3) Use Grab (Uber for Asia) for getting around. It's cheap (like, REALLY cheap) and convenient.

If you go to KL for a day do Petronas Tower and Batu Caves.

If you go to Penang take the funicular up Penang Hill and chill in George Town or on the beach in Batu Ferringhi (Bora Bora beach bar works).

There is a lot more information on the internet including in my blog which is linked in my signature line.