FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Early LCY checkin of luggage
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:11 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
How does checking in not include the checking in of baggage? It is really stretching it to suggest that checking in times only apply to certain parts of the check in process
It may be stretching but in my experience, that is the norm, certainly in Europe. Basically, airlines advertise a start of online check in, often 48, 30, 24, or 23 hours before departure, then they advertise kiosk check in, usually from the airport opening time on the day of the flight, and then they advertise the opening of the check in desks - usually either 3 or 2 hours before the flight and that is when they take baggage. So whether you are flying BA from LCY, KL from OSL or LH from NCE, the same restrictions seem to be imposed.

I've explained above why I personally don't believe that there should be more insistence on this on the boarding passes. I fully accept that others may disagree, but to me personally, that information belongs to the website and not to the final documents for the reasons I highlighted in post 11.