FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Call / calls from AA Executive Office / EXP Liaison / Customer Care (master thd)
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:33 pm
potus18

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by enviroian
So I'm sitting here in my home office and my phone rings. AMERICANAIR comes across the display. Hmmmm...why are they calling me I ponder. I immediately answer and it's a Mr Chuck so and so from the ELT. He called me to ask me how my experiences has been as an EXP and what would I like to see changed. He asked me if I have a few minutes. I said "certainly".

1. I told him I have suffered a high amount of mx delays systemwide just about every week. He then was about to tell me a story of why this is happening with the max problems. I told him I know max problems have been an issue with plane availability and this has most likely hampered your efforts on retiring your mad dogs but just about 99% of every delay has been on your 738's.

2. SWU. I indicated we now only get 4 SWU's a year which is down from just not a short while ago. He said "first off I apologize and as we speak have deposited 2 SWU's in your account. Wow! ^^

3. C availability. I told him not even a year ago redemption of SWU at booking was far greater than it is today and with with a few exceptions is very rare. I told him this prevented leisure travel I would have otherwise booked when C was available (last year PEK and BCN trips).

He told me "It is Doug Parker's number one mission is to reduce mechanical delays". For what it's worth he said my comments would be posted to an executive forum to be reviewed. What and if that means of course is uncertain but nonetheless I am impressed of the proactive nature of the call. Nice work AA ^
I've gotten this call a few times — the AA employees are always very nice and understanding — but wow to getting two SWUs out of it! I certainly know what I'll be responding with next time I get this call