FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:45 pm
Cledaybuck

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by kthpence
Heading here next month w/ my boyfriend to celebrate our birthdays / his graduation from residency. We booked a stay on points + paid to upgrade to a "premium ocean view" room. I'm Bonvoy gold, so not expecting a room upgrade & instead decided it was worth paying to get a room that I want (and potentially get upgraded to an even nicer room upon arrival).

Few quick questions:
Cabanas and casabellas - is it possible to reserve them in advance ? How much do they cost ?
Is it difficult to get 2 chairs next to each other at the adult only pool ?
Is it difficult to get 2 chairs at the beach ?

Thanks!
Originally Posted by laxsnaogg
I'm still waiting on an answer about the availability of beach chairs, but as for the cabanas, the answer is yes, they can be reserved in advance (and I would advise doing so, as a lot were already reserved a month out from my stay). If you go to the "spa" section of the hotel website, there is a link halfway down the page to view cabana availability by date, pool area, cabana type, and pricing.

Ill be there in less than 2 weeks and will share my experience with the beach chairs.
I was there last summer, and my experience was a follows:
-There were plenty of empty cabanas as the prices are ridiculous
-Was able to get beach chairs (2) when I went down mid morning (10ish). Were some of the last chairs one day. The other day got pretty cloudy, even spitting a little rain at one point so there were plenty of empty chairs that day.
-Didn't go to the adults only pool as we had our son with us, but walked past if many times. Probably won't have any problems finding chairs in the morning. Afternoon could be a little trickier, but it never seemed overly crowded.