FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Hilton Honors Government and Military Rates" thread
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:57 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
When I see that particular language in the rate rules I always assume that the intent of the property listing the rate is that it is for official travel only, and not for leisure or personal travel. The verbiage about "duty travel" and "travel orders required" is pretty clear.

However, I haven't traveled with, or been asked to provide paper travel orders at any property of any hotel chain in the last 15-20 years of heavy government travel (it was common in the 1990s). I'm not sure how I'd even deal with a situation where a property asked for them today.
The reason I am (my friend is) uncertain is that a rate for government leisure/personal travel is not listed. Perhaps it's not something offered by the Hilton chain as I often see two different government rates listed, one for official and another for leisure travel, at some other chains. I know Marriott offers the same rate for both official & leisure travels although the government rate there is often not available or not the cheapest available. I guess my friend can check with the property in advance if the discount is worth the hassle. Thanks to those who chimed in.

LAX