FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3-class F seat now sold as Domestic F/Polaris Bus,GS or J/C/D 1K? may select pre-OLCI
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:40 pm
StuckinITH

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I booked my partner and I into the F cabin of the 3-cabin 772 (on separate PNR), and I could see the plane coming in has reconfigured cabin, but our flight still shows the three-cabin. We are about 60 hours prior departure and want to make sure we sit in the odd middle seats together. We are now in Row 2 center two seats in the three class cabin.

When does seat map gets updated so we can grab the preferred seats?
Are you leaving from the US or from abroad? Usually, it's in the last 72 to 60 hours. But if you are leaving from the US, the plane coming in can change until the day of departure. Maybe that's why they have not changed yet the seat configuration. On our last trip to PVG, we had three plane swaps in the last 60 hours and ended up on a pmCO 772 (flying ORD to PVG). Had to happen when my wife and I had seats in the former First Class area........

Coming back from PVG, I noticed something that I had never noticed before: we got an assigned plane number (by this, I mean the tail number) on a Thursday for a Wednesday flight. I thought that they were tentatively assigning a plane number 72 to 60 hours before the flight but this was way earlier and on the day of the flight it was that same plane number.