FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:08 am
nexusCFX

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Currently at the RC for just one night. Trying out several hotels to see which is right for me since I'm coming again in November. Booked via FHR. Hotel lowballs the exchange pretty hard on the 100 USD credit (120 SGD) but since it's such a ridiculous perk on a one night stay I didn't fight them on it. They upgraded me from standard room to a Marina Bay view room which I appreciated. However, the room air conditioning was abysmal and I could not get the temperature below 23.5C which was just unacceptable. Maintenance tried to fix it and it didn't do anything. Also, the fit and finish of things can be really poor in some places. One of the wall switch panels in the bathroom pulled out of the wall when I turned the knob. On another note, can anyone tell me what the knob does?
https://imgur.com/a/Bk5mboO

Anyway, because of the AC they moved me to a Premier Marina Bay Suite which is a very nice upgrade. I'm not sure I'll return here in November though. Nothing really screams luxury any more than the suite I had at the JW Marriott and there's the whole trade-off of not earning 17.5 Marriott points per dollar plus 10 Amex MR per dollar through ebates. Will have to wait to see how Fullerton Bay and Shangri-La work out for me though.