FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand Luxury Hotels — north island
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:24 pm
Larkin

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
My husband and I stayed at Helena Bay January of 2018. We loved it. Only 3 of the 5 rooms were occupied and the service was stellar. We stayed in a luxury suite which I suggest. This room category is larger and has terrific ocean views with a nice sized patio. The rooms themselves has every amenity you would want, but I didn’t care for the decor. We also found the bathroom fairly small given the large size of the suite. Only some rooms have bath tubs ( they are separate from shower) so be sure to ask. Otherwise you have a larger walk in shower.

The location is beautiful. You are really close to the sea - it’s a 3 min walk across the lawn. The food was terrific and with 24 hours notice they will make you anything you want if they have the ingredients. The chef is from Don Alfonso in southern Italy which is a Michelin Star restaurant so he’s good.

We enjoyed it and I would recommend for a few nights if you can fit it into your trip schedule. We were there 3 nights which we thought was just right as we were traveling to other resorts on the same trip - Kauri Cliffs, Huka Lodge and Cape Kidnappers.