FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at YYZ
Thread: Cars at YYZ
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:25 pm
Jon X-Pacific

Originally Posted by xienon
I had the misfortune of interacting with those ladies last Wednesday around 10AM. When I showed up at the lot, there was exactly 1 car (Elantra) in EA and ES. After telling them I'm Exec Elite, they told me it's that car or nothing else. I said I'll wait since the return lanes were jam packed and they condescendingly told me it takes half an hour to clean cars and nothing would be coming for the next half an hour. I took my sweet time loading up the Elantra and in the next 10 minutes a Taurus Limited, Santa Fe (mine), and Eclipse cross showed up. After I got in the Santa Fe, the lady came over demanding the keys to the Elantra even though I left it in the Elantra.

The staff here is the worst I've encountered at National. They don't give a crap about your status and the attitude is unacceptable.
Absolutely. One time I asked the T1 lot attendant (I think we are talking about the same person) if T3 had 7-seaters available, wondering if she had current knowledge or can radio T3 for me without me actually having to make my way there). She replied immediately saying it is exactly the same cars (how tf could that be or would you know without checking). Skeptical, I went to T3 and it had a very different selection of cars. OTOH, T3 lot attendants were pretty helpful and friendly. The Asian guy was great, making sure I can find what I need. The guy at the gate were less enthusiastic, but still fine.

I would say this is the problem of a small number of staff at this location though. I had really helpful and friendly encounters most of the time, no hassle. The return lot guys were pretty good most days as well.