FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - big airlines just don't get it, especially in USA
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:34 am
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by OZFLYER86
think many have mis read Moxys announcements.

Some people seem to think they are going to offer cheaper fares than LCCs. Nope, no money in that. But think they might do a Jetblue & offer better deals to business types, with fares not booked a long way in advance. This is where it's easier to compete + major benefits of less congested airports.

In Australia, no security whatsoever is required, when aircraft is less than 20t MTOW, which includes all Saab 340s, ATR 42s, some 36 seater jets like EMB 135s, Dash 8-100, -200, -300, Dornier 328 turbo props & jets etc. Similar in New Zealand I think.
What specific press releases and statements regarding Moxy are you using as a reference point? I've seen numerous interviews, statements, and quotes from Neeleman about the proposed airline. Mostly rather vague, feel-good, pie-in-the-sky stuff (which isn't unusual at this stage). So I don't know how it is that anyone on the outside can have too great of certainty about Moxy's particulars.

Neeleman has a good track record and all, but even the best and brightest aren't a guaranteed success every single time. This is a tough industry, no matter how you slice it.