FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - An introduction from Seat Amigo
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:27 am
Seat Amigo

legal,

We've purposefully steered clear of using Southwest images because in my opinion as an attorney, that does run afoul of trademark and copyright law. We use licensed images only from one of the licensed photo repositories on the web.

You're correct that Southwest controls the customer experience, however, again, think about meeting someone at the gate and both of you deciding to sit together on the plane. Where's the harm? This is no different, in fact, it's very similar. We suggest, as you may have read, that after you "connect" on the app, you meet with your Seat Amigo at the gate. We make no guarantee that you will be able to actually sit together. In principal it should work 99% of the time. But, in the instance of say to C boarding pass members wanting to sit next to each other, we know that will most likely not happen.

I think many on here are kinda missing it. I doubt you all would admit it, but I've sat in my A-List aisle seat watching the parade of people coming onto the plane and looking over at the A-List window flyer and we both are hoping grandma sits in the middle and not Mr. college linebacker. All I've done is create something to hedge my bet (as an A-Lister) and proactively put someone there that I want, that I pick. That said you all might be surprised at the results so far. (I'm going to make an assumption that most of the people commenting are around my age - 50's). The app, so far, is trending much younger. The millennials and younger people in their 20's meet people like this, profile first, shake hands (maybe) second.

It's all good. I appreciate the feedback no matter what.

Thanks again for the comments.

Rusty