FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 'Mislabeled' fare class on partner and Delta
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:53 pm
patel33

Originally Posted by flyerCO
No I mean when you look at your posted frequent flyer activity. Not when you pull up reservation. If you go into account activity and pull up where the MU flight posted, it should show fare class paid/flown. Does this show J or I?

ETA - Nevermind. I just went to pull up an example to screenshot. Apparently they still have the detail section that says Fsre Class Paid/Flown, but aren't displaying the info. The field is blank.

My point was to see if MU was correctly reporting the fare class and not reporting as Paid I, but flew J.

If you don't get a positive response to your emails, write (via snail mail) a letter to DL corporate services. Include a copy of the receipt and BP and note that you paid for J, not I. Sadly it seems those front/1st line employees thst handle SM are all brand new and have very little knowledge. Thus they don't know something is wrong, or have been given bad info.
Corporate was the next place I would go. Going to wait to see how the return flight credits since I have the DL FF on the ticket via Garuda website.

Originally Posted by ULDB65
I've flown MU through PVG into Asia twice in the last 6 months, both times in classes I-J-J-I, and both times posted correctly and automatically.

One was booked on MU website, the other through an OTA, all with MU flight numbers, no codeshares. Although they included my Skymiles number at booking, it was assigned to MU's program, not DL. So both times I went into Garuda and switched the FF program to DL.

Boarding passes printed with DL ff#, and everything posted correctly, including extra J class MQMs.
Yeah, I wish I could use the Garuda trick with my July reservation. For some reason, ticket number doesn't pull up on Garuda or Saudi websites.

Originally Posted by SouthernCanada
This is what DL has sees. The ticket designation and the fare class. Even though the column 6 says one class, column 10 is what they are awarding miles on. It's irritating because, at booking, I would not have know that this was an up-fare with an underlying base fare.

I have submitted four sources of documentation showing what I paid for and DL still refuses to give credit. The four sources include boarding passes, booking confirmation, ticket verification, and direct MU communication. Basically what I'm saying, is good luck.
Yep this is exactly what seems to be happening.