FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:37 pm
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
We have focused quite a bit on the Diamond level, but regarding the invitation level I am assuming it won't exclusively be based on measurables such as spend or number of nights, otherwise they might have been announced. They are leaving themselves room for judgment, which I think makes sense.

Do known travel bloggers sometimes receive complimentary elite status at hotel chains? Assuming the answer is YES, in that case, out of the box thinking : should someone like Amy (@AccorHotels Concierge) be given the power to nominate members to invited status based on their body of work on FT?

Since I am asking this question on FT I do not necessarily expect objective answers because it would be self-serving to us as a group, but I am throwing this out there for consideration and for the fun of the discussion nonetheless. My question could be equally valid for any hotel chain: do active FT members add value to the hotel brand enough to warrant giving them elite status beyond what they already achieve by staying in hotels, akin to travel bloggers?

It's not entirely different from hotel chains who provide a status match for free and with no promises in return. A few years ago Hyatt provided me a status match and I have stuck around for years since then and retained top tier without interruption. I doubt I would have started staying at their hotels without status, and they have been paid off with hundreds of nights for their decision.