FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Go More Get More - Stay Frequency Bonus
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:30 am
shmom

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Originally Posted by mera
Anyone know what will happen with the promo in this scenario?

I'm going to a work convention so I have a 7 night stay coming up (it will be a second stay). The room was initially booked through a hotel booking company that handles all bookings for the convention plus offers a convention rate discount. Two weeks prior to the stay the website turns the bookings directly over to the hotel (if I have any changes after that I go through the hotel). Plus, the hotel charges me directly, not the booking company. Will my stay count for the promo?

I looked at the FAQ for this promo and didn't find an answer. The closest I got is a link on the FAQ that states terms of eligibility. The only thing I could find that might be a thing was this:

"Specifically excluded from the definition of "stay" are the following types of ineligible stays:
NET Group rates;
Series Group or IT Group rates;
contracted Entertainment or Encore rates"

I don't know what any of the above really means. :/ Anyone know if my stay will get me the promo?
My husband did a stay at the Hilton Orlando - same thing it was booked via convention by someone in his office using some other cc.. After it was booked I called and added his HH number and changed the cc payment to his Hilton card. Later I called the hotel and took one night off. Anyway, he got all the Hilton bonus points, including the $250 resort credit, the $50 Amex offer - all of which was good for us since the full bill got reimbursed by company. So to answer your question, I think as long as you get your Hilton number on there and his name is on reservation you are good. Likewise my Husband had a five night stay last summer and since it was all corporate booked and corporate paid, Hilton wouldn't give us the points. Made no sense as his name was on reservation but they said "he didn't pay for it'