FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aloft Madrid Gran Via - Spain [Master Thread]
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:08 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I stayed there during this past weekend.

I was impressed - very nice property, great location, and staff who were super excited to be open and ready to go. There were some minor check in / check out kinks with the system, but they were comping rounds of drinks for pretty much everyone so I didn't complain.

Unlike many hotels in Madrid, this hotel was *not* price-gouging because of the Champions League final. 161 euros per room per night for 3 rooms. They honored elite benefits for all 3 rooms (a small breakfast buffet for 6 guests), although that may have simply been additional opening-weekend generosity that won't hold forever.

Fantastic rooftop pool and bar. Great views of all of Madrid. They were apologetic that the pool has recently been filled and was still ice cold, but that didn't stop our kids from enjoying it.

We just had three pretty standard rooms. With everything going on with the opening of the hotel, I didn't ask about suites or upgrades. The rooms were comfortable and large for standard big-city-Europe rooms. We were told we were the first guest in each of our rooms, even though the hotel had been open 1 day when we arrived.

Hotel is actually slightly *off* the Gran Via, which is a good thing. Walking distance to multiple metro stations. Not yet in Google Maps, so if you're using Uber or Mytaxi, you'll just have to enter the street address. There's plenty of room for a taxi or Uber to stop at the door for pickups/dropoffs with luggage.

I didn't notice anything at the hotel still under construction or not functional, so no reason to hesitate on booking here.