FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat reservation fees increase
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2019, 5:38 am
Jimmie76
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by amt
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
This isn't true on my route to BOS from LHR, the reasons I'm using BA are due to my onward connection. VS and DL also fly the route but DL use seats with a foot cofin and VS get in after 10pm to BOS. As I don't like the antiquated foot well idea and there are no connecting flights when VS arrive, BA it is.
So what you’re saying is despite the appearance of competitors, none provide a close substitute good to the BA product rendering BA the only choice for you, a customer who doesn’t want to spend extra nights away or unnecessary lengthy connections?
What I'm saying is that BA don't have a monopoly on the BOS route. However the alternatives for me involve either:
Spending two nights of my holiday in the airport Hilton at BOS.
Or
Two flights with foot coffins which I detest. Both DL and VS only have one flight a day whereas BA have four.
Eventually BA will be downgrading the seats to ones with foot coffins. At this point one of the reasons for flying BA will go.

Now B6 have been making noises about flying to BOS from London. They also fly to ACK (Nantucket - my onward connection) from BOS and buying one return ticket to the Island on one carrier from LHR would be very attractive. That way if getting off ACK is difficult* B6 still have to get me back to London. I don't have to buy another TATL ticket if I miss the flight from BOS. Now B6 have foot coffins but when DL and BA also have them B6 looks attractive because of the ticketing.

*Fog happens etc.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Jun 6, 2019 at 7:07 am