FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Priority Pass will exclude Restaurants (August 2019)
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:10 pm
itsilyas

Programs: *A G, HHonors Gold, Marriot Gold, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by Taco1933

I guess you did one of the hotel cards rather than platinum. The platinum you could make do with Delta and Centurion lounges. But if not, the lounge benefit just took a big hit.

I’m concerned the CSR will follow suit. It doesn’t make a whole lot of sense that PP select would have varying levels among different cards unless they’re going to break out new names. In general, I was really banking on that benefit expanding, not contracting. In my home airport (Atlanta) there are only 3 priority pass options with the only true lounge being in the international terminal. Take two of those away AND take away the option of any future restaurant deals, it becomes a pretty worthless benefit.
from where I see it, it doesn’t really make sense for CSR to remove it. They don’t have to support something like Amex’s Global Lounge Collection (and Centurion Lounges), so should give their cardmembers the entirety of PP offerings. I hope UK Plats don’t lose this perk.