FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Priority Pass will exclude Restaurants (August 2019)
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:44 pm
Taco1933

Originally Posted by Firebird2k6
This is beyond irritating. I just switched to an AMEX premium card from the sapphire because it better aligned with a brand I frequent. I closed the Sapphire TWO days ago not knowing of this change.

If they're kicking me out of the only offering in my city they should be granting me access to the Centurion here in lieu.

I called AMEX just now and the guy on the phone said they have "no official reports" on his end substantiating this but he can see all the news articles. He opened a ticket on my behalf to get an answer and possible compensation.
I guess you did one of the hotel cards rather than platinum. The platinum you could make do with Delta and Centurion lounges. But if not, the lounge benefit just took a big hit.

I’m concerned the CSR will follow suit. It doesn’t make a whole lot of sense that PP select would have varying levels among different cards unless they’re going to break out new names. In general, I was really banking on that benefit expanding, not contracting. In my home airport (Atlanta) there are only 3 priority pass options with the only true lounge being in the international terminal. Take two of those away AND take away the option of any future restaurant deals, it becomes a pretty worthless benefit.