FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Koh Samui, Thailand
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:47 pm
ung1

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

If that’s the case, then they are in fact only offering full fare Y due to load factor. Unless you do not mind connecting in BKK, I would secure full fare tickets quickly, before the flight is fully booked. It is a leisure route, which means that most passengers book in advance and do not change dates. I would not be hopeful of that changing. Samui is in high demand in the Summer from key markets. So it could just be a very busy week for PG.

Another thing is that demand is most likely higher from CNX to USM/KBV/HKT than the reverse, because leisure travelers, for whatever reason, usually prefer to end their vacations at beach destinations.
I checked again, and now there were only 2 seats left, so I booked them, and indeed that flight is no longer available. The seat map was about a quarter empty - not sure if they're playing games with inventory or whether a Tuesday afternoon flight is indeed fully booked. Just annoyed thinking where I could have stayed in Phuket/Krabi (almost free getting there) when adding the cost of these flights to the cost of the resort in KS...