FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Koh Samui, Thailand
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:22 am
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by ung1
Yes, I plan to wait since this is full fare Y, so it can't get more expensive. Even their advertised fare price on their site is half for the opposite direction. There seem to be 8 days between now and end Sept when this is available at a lower price, so I doubt all these flights are full, and somehow since a cheaper fare is available on some days, it also doesn't seem like no other fare has been filed. The via-BKK option is a little bit cheaper, but not enough to warrant the extra hassle, but it might be an interesting idea to call them up. Having said that, I just checked Expedia and there are only 4 seats left on this flight. So maybe their flights are just all incredibly full and they will only discount if there are unsold seats close to the date.
If that’s the case, then they are in fact only offering full fare Y due to load factor. Unless you do not mind connecting in BKK, I would secure full fare tickets quickly, before the flight is fully booked. It is a leisure route, which means that most passengers book in advance and do not change dates. I would not be hopeful of that changing. Samui is in high demand in the Summer from key markets. So it could just be a very busy week for PG.

Another thing is that demand is most likely higher from CNX to USM/KBV/HKT than the reverse, because leisure travelers, for whatever reason, usually prefer to end their vacations at beach destinations.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Jun 5, 2019 at 12:26 pm