FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Koh Samui, Thailand
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:58 am
ung1

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

It’s presumably a mistake. Sometimes PGs system has a problem or I suppose someone has neglected to update the discounted fare inventory. Or, it could just mean that the flight is very full on that date and only full fare inventory remains available.

I would give a call to PG reservations on Skype, or at least wait before booking. If the direct flight continues to be expensive, you could consider a connection in BKK, although that is less desirable of course.
Yes, I plan to wait since this is full fare Y, so it can't get more expensive. Even their advertised fare price on their site is half for the opposite direction. There seem to be 8 days between now and end Sept when this is available at a lower price, so I doubt all these flights are full, and somehow since a cheaper fare is available on some days, it also doesn't seem like no other fare has been filed. The via-BKK option is a little bit cheaper, but not enough to warrant the extra hassle, but it might be an interesting idea to call them up. Having said that, I just checked Expedia and there are only 4 seats left on this flight. So maybe their flights are just all incredibly full and they will only discount if there are unsold seats close to the date.

Last edited by ung1; Jun 5, 2019 at 10:12 am