FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO Lounge Access for AAdmiral's club members
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:24 am
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ashill
I believe you are right and @MAH4546 wrong about SAN and SCL (a newly closed AC, replaced by a LATAM lounge that I believe AC members can access): they are not on the list for AL members.

That list is quite extensive, although Qantas Clubs & Qantas International Business Lounges are accessible as a benefit of MVPG+ Elite Members. I would anticipate most AL members are flying sufficiently to have status commensurate to access requirements based on status. The LATAM VIP lounge in SCL is known to be the best lounge in South America and I had no problems accessing it when flying AA PE to MIA.

Interestingly, the AirSpace Lounge in SAN is specifically mentioned as accessible for AC members when flying on an AS flight.

"Must present your membership card and boarding pass at lounge check-in counter for same-day departure on an American Airlines, Alaska Airlines or Virgin America marketed and operated flight (flight sold with American / Alaska / Virgin America flight number and flown on American /Alaska / Virgin America aircraft)."

I will be in SAN in a couple of weeks. I was unaware that I would have Lounge access so this has been a good discussion for me. It would be nice if we had a datapoint on access to the Airspace Lounge in SAN with an AL membership.

Originally Posted by ashill
​​​​​​And be careful about the credit card: it offers membership (including partner lounge access) for just the primary cardholder. It offers Admirals Club access, but not partner lounge access, for authorized cardholders.
Yes, you are correct. I did say it may not work for everyone. I am Canadian based flying AS and have authourized American based users who fly AA. I have 3 authourized users which equates to four AC memberships (including access to all partner/contract lounges) and one AL membership. As the primary cardholder I do have access to Alaska Lounges and can guest my partner in when we are traveling together. In the rare cases he is traveling without me, 75K lounge access codes fill the gap. Access to the AC at SFO has also been quite beneficial as both an arrival and depature lounge while flying AS.

James