FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Priority Pass will exclude Restaurants (August 2019)
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:54 am
luv2vacay

Originally Posted by Firebird2k6
This is beyond irritating. I just switched to an AMEX premium card from the sapphire because it better aligned with a brand I frequent. I closed the Sapphire TWO days ago not knowing of this change.

If they're kicking me out of the only offering in my city they should be granting me access to the Centurion here in lieu.

I called AMEX just now and the guy on the phone said they have "no official reports" on his end substantiating this but he can see all the news articles. He opened a ticket on my behalf to get an answer and possible compensation.
You should be able to reinstate the Chase card if you want to (I'm assuming the CSR). I believe you have 30 days from the time of closing to call Chase and request reinstatement of the account.

I am a little surprised that Amex is doing this across the board (I've got the Hilton Aspire card) and not telling anyone (I've not gotten an email/letter yet). Or is this only one some cards? (The blogs seem to indicate it's all Amex cards with PP)