FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prio boarding for Gold/Diamond friend or family
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:47 am
highupinthesky

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by GUWonder
When I use fast track at ARN my travel companions mostly aren’t on the same PNR as I, and we get it anyway. But it’s my Amex affiliation that gets us that when flying SAS out of ARN.
So why mention it here? We are discussing the benefits you get from SAS, not the once you get from your credit card companies deal with SAS.

The fast track limitation on SAS passengers coming in via *G member seems set arbitrarily by SAS. There is no four guest cap for a family of 6 or more persons to check-in at staffed counters when one of them is *G. Should there be?
If someone in a group have a better benefits than the standard SAS benefits. They of course count, just like you AMEX benefit at fast track does. But again. We are discussing the SAS benefits. Not the *G benefits, nor the AMEX or other external partner benefit.

The guest cap can vary to be what SAS wants it to be as long as it doesn’t violate Star Alliance agreements, but as this capping is SAS’ prerogative, it’s also to be expected that SAS takes the hit for capping off things as it does for fast track and priority boarding. The lounge thing has SAS being more generous than Star Alliance carriers and Alliance requirements. Not the same for priority boarding and priority security screening.
SAS can give whatever benefits they want to their own PAX's and members of own frequent flyer program. *A has nothing to say here as long as SAS does not go below the benefits set out by *A.