FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Koh Samui, Thailand
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:13 am
ung1

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
PG has a monopoly at USM (they actually own the airport) and they fully exploit it. You might see how it prices on an OTA such as Expedia.

If arriving BKK in J, you'll get fastrack and that's still not too bad, despite the biometric nonsense. Nonetheless, if you are connecting straight through, there are definitely advantages to flying same carrier. You would be marked as CIQ and go through immigration at CNX rather than BKK. Also, PG in Y is not your best experience, the seats are very close together and some of the cabins are pretty beat up.
Yea, I know about USM being owned by PG, I just find it weird that USM-CNX is a third the price of CNX-USM... and there are other days when the CNX-USM is available in other booking classes...

Arriving in BKK on LX F - I suppose flying on with TG the bags could be interlined (but not with PG?) and even though not the same airline, would it then be possible doing immigration at CNX? I think that only works if flying international and domestic on the same carrier?