FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is MVPG 75K actually worth it?
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:14 pm
washeelers747

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by rbAA
I would agree with your math, and I'm in a similar situation. International flights mainly since I live in BKK, so MVPG should be fine. I'm about 30k short of requalifying MVP Gold 75k, so maybe those 50k bonus miles would not be worth the extra costs. It's only June, so we'll see what the rest of the year holds.
Originally Posted by ctporter
I agree that it is better for those that fly mostly domestic and cannot buy FC (corporate travel policies) but still get a good percentage of upgrades. The no bag fees, no change and cancellation fees can be obtained without having to reach that extra tier. The OP mentioned they are not relying on upgrades, they purchase FC for domestic flights so it makes even less sense I think.
Yeah, I dont fly enough to justify the cost to jump over 75K level. If I lose out on upgrades on those transcon trips, its not end of world since I dont fly often but I got lucky with F upgrade on LAX-BWI flight from October 2017 as AS MVP member. It's only $1k or so with bonus to buy 50k miles, which is cheaper than doing some mileage run (wish AS award 1.5 EQM for those premium economy fares like AA do for CX).