FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bag Fees for AS Itinerary with AA Codeshare
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:11 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by eyechip
As you said and I did. I am awaiting a response from them as well. My beef is not with anyone but the system. The two of them need to get together and figure this out as it is both deceptive and misleading as to what expectations are. I could give a hoot about $30.00. But I do care that many people in the cumulative are being taken advantage of with the idea that a codeshare booked on the AA website will offer some semblance of similar service. At least in the area of a damn checked bag. I am not an idiot. I fly 200K a year around the world and have for decades. And even I was under the impression that this is what one could expect. I also filed a complaint with the DOT and we will see if that has any bearing. The bottom line is that while I am pissed that airlines get away with this I am even more insulted and pissed at the response I got from American as an Exec Plat. I am supposed to actually have faith in a system that can't even spell it's codeshare airline's name correctly?
Sorry but I djsagree with you. IMO as long as the metal being flown is apart of the Alliance then Elite benefits should carry forward if they arent then unless you are an Elite with the metal being flown youre out of luck. In the cases with Alaska, Alaska was 100% in the right. If anyone owes you it may AA for having lousy info

Ive ran across this on my TATL/TPAC flights where Im flying even with the same Alliance but there are different limits. If I fly with the carrier I have the status with I get 2 bags @ 70 lbs if its an Alliance partner then 2 bags @ 50 lbs even thou the TATL part will be on my home carrier that gave me 70 lbs on my Outbound

Im offered all the time AS non-stop JFK-LAX and I dont bite since I usually need to check 2 bags and Im not willing to pay for them(Saver award)

Recently I had a flight go MX and CXed, they wanted to put me on another carrier non-stop my 2 bags would be charged and since there were > 50 lbs it would have been a few hundred so I waited 12 hrs for the next flight and put in for EU261 and got the 600 Euro

As for what AA has printed I also understood that to mean if the SEA-YVR flight is on AA then its $0.00 , its sort of book say a BOS-NY-PEK routing with 2 days in NY where you expect to get the Visa, no one will allow you to board the BOS-NY flight, you can buy 2 didfferent tkts and do it but it cant be done on 1 tkt as you Must have all needed Visas and papers before flying the 1st segment