FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat reservation fees increase
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:54 pm
Prospero
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by HMPS
Good marketplace logic. But it has no place here for BA as people feel helpless and enough of them fork over the $$$. As to enticing CUSTOMERS for a long term association, BS seems to be myopic.
I don't think helpless is an accurate description, although I accept some passengers may choose to pay for an advanced seat selection because they are organised and prefer to sort out all their particulars well in advance. Others may feel anxious about being left with a poor choice of seats at check in. I disagree with the myopic description too. The seating policy has been in place for many years now and despite your protest, it is actually appreciated by many BA customers, so I don't think it is short sighted.

I am flying again in a few days time, my waitlist cleared yesterday so I know the cabin is fully booked and very likely is oversold, and I was presented with a seat map with 55% of the seats available me to select from, window, aisle, middles, front, and rear. This is one of the reasons why I like the policy.