FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Langley - Luxury Collection, Iver Heath, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:16 am
EGW1

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Above review is very good and covers all the main points. For the rate paid, I wasn’t blown away by the room (Ł400 plus plus a night for a basic room is just too high in my opinion), but the location and setting is magical, lobby very impressive, gorgeous flower display. My room (in the main house) was nice, but it wasn’t a true junior suite, more of a larger room with small (one sink) bathroom. The decor was “modern luxury”, but not always practical. I think the junior suites are probably the highest category upgrade from a basic room. There was a slightly distracting “hum” noise in the room even with the AC off and a lot of banging of doors at one point, but otherwise peaceful. The brewhouse rooms are in my view not as grand as the main house rooms, but nonetheless tastefully done, and more modern in appearance (sort of barnyard style). As noted, very few rooms appear to have bath tubs, although I did manage to get one! The location is very tranquil for an evening walk, especially around the lake area at sunset, and the spa was exceptionally nice. The bar was ok (albeit a bit slow and mixed things up) but needs a bit of time to mature and build an atmosphere. I would be amazed if the 35,000 point category remains for long (a bargain I think), but for me it didn’t quite hit the mark inside, it was nonetheless a nice experience and something I’m glad I did. The staff were clearly trying their best to impress and resolve any opening niggles, and were very gracious. Good place for a romantic getaway for a couple of nights, and great memories walking around the grounds, but not somewhere I would rush back to.

Last edited by EGW1; Jun 4, 2019 at 2:00 pm