FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Air stability through summer?
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:02 am
SusanDK

Originally Posted by USA_flyer
Also a good reason to have a return ticket is to provide evidence that you plan to leave!
Tell me about it! This is another reason DY has worked so well. Since we haven't known our return date, I've been buying a full flex one-way CPH-US ticket on DY prior to leaving the US and then refunding it as soon as I arrive, waiting to purchase the return until we know when we are flying back (dual citizen husband doesn't need to do that).

I believe I posted a thread some months ago asking for advice about how to identify an appropriate fare class if I bought a round-trip ticket where I could change the return date (for a fee) after taking the outbound. I haven't figured out the best way to do this - a little nervous about misunderstanding a fare class and not being able to make a change (even with a fee) once the outbound has been flown, and then losing the entire cost of the return.

For comparison sake, I've been paying ca. $850 - $900 for a one-way premium economy flight on DY between either MCO or FLL and CPH. The least expensive alternative has been to purchase a non-refundable, non-changeable round-trip ticket on a legacy carrier with a connection for ca. $2,000. So to do this and throw away the return is more than double the cost of DY.

I will definitely continue to monitor fares on the legacies, particularly for our next flight which is likely to be in July. The input here has been useful and most appreciated.