FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Air stability through summer?
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:34 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Great. The 'I remember when sodas were a nickel and candy bars this big (both arms fully outstretched) were a dime' guy is back.
It's always great to read posts from someone who has zero concept of the production cost of anything and babbles monopoly/cartel at every opportunity.

Pray tell, what product does your employer sell?
I'm not the topic, and it's not your business how money gets deposited in my coffers. So you will have to keep praying to see how your off-topic question gets a response or doesn't beyond what I've already said.

It's the TATL-flying legacy majors -- more specifically, those granted governmental waivers and favors to collude -- that are undercutting the prices of Norwegian to such a large extent that it puts to shame your concept of Norwegian selling below costs. Wasn't it you that said that it's legacy majors that have higher costs than Norwegian? And yet it's the legacy majors that are undercutting Norwegian prices for September travel tickets for EU/Schengen-US roundtrip travel. Go figure.

Sodas may have been a nickle in your time, but they generally weren't that nominally cheap 20 years ago or even today when it comes to vending machine purchases or even purchases at say middle/junior high school sporting events. Given what you said above, I must say it seems like you are admitting that you are the 'I remember when sodas were a nickel and candy bars this big (both arms fully outstretched) were a dime" guy, while my mention here just covers the FT era.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 4, 2019 at 7:40 am